Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 1

(This post should have been up yesterday but my computer was dead..)

What a long day it was!! We started bowling at 9am and didn't get out of the alley until 9:30!! ONE HOUR a game!! Usually in tournaments with good bowlers it takes 30mins. Granted, the women had 7 to a pair but STILL.

We started off with 6 games on long oil - 45 ft. This means almost no hook for me! I started off with a bang though, a 236!! But from there on it was up and down and up and down. At one point I had a 212 then had a 118. For our pair that day I had both the high AND low games, until the last game where someone threw something lower than a 118 (yay! haha)

Finally at 2:30 we were done the first 6 and it was lunch time - the men had finished an hour ahead of us (so sad!). We started again at 4, this time on short oil - 33 ft. HOOK! Yes!! I usually have a fairly straight ball so this was exciting!

The ups and downs continued but not as bad, and I was doing much better than on long. I honestly can't remember too much now, and they have yet to put up all the scores. It was a tough second half of the day though, by game 10 (YES, we were bowling 12 games!) my brain was fried and I was exhausted. I ended the day in 24th. Not too shabby. (ps. I was 12th after 4 games! Ooh lah lah haha)

So I headed back to the hotel and had supper around 10. No one was doing anything that night because they were all so exhausted from a 12 hour day. (By the way, the plan was for us to be done bowling around 5, OBVIOUSLY they calculated wrong..) I went to bed around midnight and finally fell asleep and then the next thing you know I get a text from my mom at quarter to one - she had just gotten in from her flight. She got to the hotel around 1:30 and again woke me up. Joy. You can bet that I was tired today - I got up at 6:30!

All in all, Day 1 was exhausting but I was pretty happy with my overall game, I was maybe averaging around 170 which is not horrible on shots like these, and I was higher in the standings that I thought I'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment