Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fun Bowl & Awards, Year End Wrap Up

I suppose I should write an entry about how the year finished off.

The last day was just a 3 game, glow in the dark, family fun bowl. It was 8 pin no tap - if you get 8 pins or more; it's an automatic strike; so of course scores were going to be huge. I don't remember what I scored, except I got a 300 the last game - of the 12 strkes, only 5 of them were from no tap so I still would have had a great game going. It was also an easy shot which was nice to get back to.

Then we had our banquet - free food and awards!! I had highest score for senior girls (267) and my team won high handicap single (812). I also won a draw for a $50 gift certificate to the pro shop. That honestly doesn't cover too much, but not like it matters anytime soon, since I'm getting Joe to pay for anything (he HAD said to keep it under $500 for new balls but now I'm getting one, I had to get two new thumbs done, I have to get my balls certified for the tourney and they will also resurface my balls so I don't see why he wouldn't pay for that stuff too).

So looking back at the season... it was bad. It really was. I only made one provincial tournament and then bowled like crap in it. My average went down. I missed a lot in the beginning because of stupid partying and other things (I honestly don't know what was wrong with me the first semester). I also failed miserably in the first qualifier for CNCs.

There definitely was SOME good though, like the scholarship tourney and making all the money I did. That was the highlight. Also placing 5th in world cup & beating everyone I wanted to beat. And I guess qualifying for CNCs though it wasn't a challenge.. I also started to do some good work in the last month or so. I haven't totally revolutionized anything yet, but I'm getting more lift on the ball and better reaction which if definitely a step in the right direction.

Goals looking forward:
-Place top 25 at CNCs (same as last year but there's almost a guarantee there will be many more women entering) OR just bowl well - be above average.
-Work on my game during the summer. I don't know what the chances of getting Ted out there once a week might be, but maybe Dan would be willing to help.. I would love to have the chance to change some things by the time league rolls around again.
-For next season, see my average close to 190 or up (definitely realistic)
-Make all provincial tournies
-Make nationals or take 2nd place at provies

These are some adequate goals, not sure how lofty they may or may not be, but whatever the case it's always good to have goals. It will also be my last year in youth so I have to make it count.

Tomorrow is organized practice 6-8 which I will of course be attending and it'll be the third day in a row of bowling (good practice for CNCs - 6 games/day, 3 days in a row). I maaaay get my new ball! Also get to chat with Ted and maybe figure out a plan for the summer, but at least maybe talk about a plan of attack for CNCs?

I love this sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment