Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 1

Day 1 was Friday, on short oil. Going into it I wasn't feeling prepared; I hadn't had time to practice on it at all. The shot at Gateway was more of a medium pattern so that wasn't going to help.

The first 3 or 4 games I was pulling it way too much. I knew it too. It took myself way too long to ask myself, "Ok. What are some possible reasons for tugging it?". So far I had only been trying to stay behind the ball. I then realized that I had been popping up at the end, so I needed to stay down. Once I figured that out, I had a few good balls. But by then I don't know if the problem was that it had broken down too much and I had too little a margin of error, that I was pre-turning or if it was a combination of both. All in all I just was not in the right "zone" to bowl. Dallas and Max ended up helping me out in the 5th game which helped a bit, even though it wasn't that great a game. I think the problem as well was that I was using the wrong line, I think I was shooting 5 for most of it. For next year I definitely need to figure that one out ahead of time.

Scores:
160 115 179 144 156 171 (925) & 48th place

No comments:

Post a Comment