Monday, May 14, 2012

Last Practice

It was an odd night of practice. I almost didn't want to be there - I didn't have too much fun. And of course I got tired again. Maybe the secret is timmie's. 1/2 coffee, 1/2 hot chocolate. I'm SO bagged. But even through that I was doing alright, but throwing the ball only okay. Maybe 2 really good shots at most. Ted kind of stayed away from us and just let us do our thing - with three days to go I think it's almost more important that we go at it on our own and just get comfortable throwing a bunch of games.

I think I may have averaged 175 over 3, which isn't too bad considering the shot was pretty broken down by then. It just got really frustrating trying to adjust for that, and the two lanes were breaking down differently. I didn't quite have the mental capacities to deal with that tonight.

Then we shot a round of golf (low game). I won again with 61. Everyone else had at least a strike. That's when you know people are tired (yet they stayed and played one more!). So I'm comfortable sparing my 4, 6, 7, &10 pins at least. As long as I can manage to leave single pins if I don't strike I should do pretty well I think. I've figured out my game plan for the long. At the beginning try and ride the rail (1 or 2 board). Then keep moving inside, 8 board (maybe 5) and then 10. We'll see where everyone else is shooting though. If everyone is doing 10, that might not be the best line by the end, but we'll see.

Tonight was really not much of a confidence boost, so I'm glad I had it last Wednesday. I'm not really taking anything from this besides sparing because I was just too tired. A positive though since it's not like I was horrible. I'm much happier being consistent and being okay, than scoring high and then crashing back down.

So now it's a waiting game. No more bowling till we get to Mississauga for official practice on all the shots. We probably won't spend too much time there, maybe a game on each (if that). More so just to get a feel for the approach, pin action and of course the shots.

So next post will be from TO! 3 days! Takeoff at 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment