Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Final Thoughts

All in all the trip was kind of a bust. I didn't bowl nearly as well as I wanted to, averaging below 170. Because of this I didn't enjoy myself as much as I should have. But what can you do. We still partied hard and got to know some more people. Aka the people I knew by name but never spoke to now knew my name and I didn't seem like such a creeper.

Last night, after the final day of bowling for the ones who didn't make the cut, partied HARD. I woke up this morning with my legs covered in bruises and a massive headache. Who knows how much I actually drank; there was a tub full of beer though and there were about 3 left over this morning. I definitely slept until 11:30, did timmies for breaky and then just sat out in the courtyard in the gazebo for 3+ hours. I got good and tan, even burnt my thigh.

Then we headed to the banquet, decent food and lots of talking. Next year (if I go) I'm so not doing that again. It's a bunch of clapping, standing ovations for the inductees to the hall of fame, more clapping and nearly falling asleep.

We then headed back to the hotel, sat around chatting for an hour or two and then headed over to the 'toba boys' room to drink some more. Only a tall can of beer, can of rockstar & half a cooler. At the moment it's 3:40 and we head out to the hotel at 7am so there's no point in sleeping. I would love to, but I know I'd end up worse for wear if I were to sleep for just a few hours. Carla passed out, wouldn't keep her eyes open.

So we fly into Calgary about 12, layover and then land in Edmonton at about 12:45. Hopefully next year I can qualify the first time around, and book better flights. Fingers crossed. If only I had made CTF nationals.. because a good chunk of the people here will be there. Next year, next year!

So the plan now..? Most likely take a break for at LEAST a month. More so because I won't necessarily have the money to go out there week after week. I'm probably going to go there Wednesday to drop off my stuff, pay the proshop and talk to Ted about our plan of action. Figure out what I can work on during the summer. He won't be around though, and probably not Dan until about August.

While I'm disappointed at my performance, I still learnt new things, which is the next best thing I suppose.

Next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment