Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 3

This was the final day of bowling. After jumping 10 spots the last day I wanted to aim to jump another 10. I think it was a mistake to set a bar because I really struggled; very similar to the first day, pulling it a lot. This time I reacted quickly and Stephen, one of the coaches actually helped and got me to use a different line, swinging in from the 10, instead of 5. It worked great for the 2nd game but then I struggled again. The carry down was tough to deal with; not being used to dealing with much of it I didn't know what to do. So I went through the thought process of, well what is my ball doing? It wasn't coming in so I knew it was carry down that was messing me up. So how to get it in? Well there's the standard move but I tried that and didn't like the line I had, I wasn't comfortable there. So I asked myself what else could I do? Then I remembered by abralon pad (like sand paper for bowling balls) to make it duller so it'll hook more. It worked perfect and so I dulled it down a bit after every game. If not for the 1st & 3rd games I would have been pretty happy with my day. Long was supposed to be my best because we had been practicing on it for about a month but at Gateway it was a lot slicker.

Scores:
144 196 129 181 197 173 (1020)

3046 & 41st overall

No comments:

Post a Comment