Monday, April 30, 2012

Now it's all about preparing for CNCs. Today we asked for a long shot but it was more medium than anything.. I was using my lower end ball and still getting quite some hook on it; not what I'm used to. So the oil was a bit thin I think then, but I'm also throwing it a lot better, getting more lift and rotation on the ball.

All we did was throw games, I ended up shooting 7, trying to work up the endurance to throw 6 in TO. Usually that would be no problem but for some reason I've just been tuckered right out after like 4, so I made myself push through it. I just need to find a way to keep the energy up to keep my ball speed up so that it doesn't have too much time to move on the lane.

It was a frustrating practice though; had to be right on your mark or you'd leave crap. I definitely did not have the energy to focus that hard; I was having enough trouble as it is staying down at the line - which helped tremendously. I realized I had stopped doing it, started again and then was throwing sooo much better! So I definitely need to make a mental note of that.

I'm going out again on Wednesday, there's practice Mondays & Wednesdays 6-8 at Gateway. It's mostly been set up for the CTF provincial team, but it's still good for us to go to. They'll have the CTF long shot put out which won't be what will be at CNCs but it's still better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment