Monday, April 9, 2012

Sparing - Rolloffs

I forgot to write a post up last week about practice but there's not too much to share. It was a lot of good work, so it was tiring and also a bit frustrating. It was also a bit.. disappointing? I was really in the mood to BOWL not practice I guess. So I really wanted to throw some normal balls at the end of the night, but Ted told me to call it quits and I wanted to catch the bus so I didn't.

Lately, because I've been working at fixing my game, I haven't felt very confident in my game or very comfortable either. I've been about average, but in the weeks leading up to all this playing around with my swings and stuff I had been doing pretty great, so it was a bit of a let down. I was just really unsure about my self.

And then comes a night like tonight, just got back from Calgary so I'm all relaxed and just want to bowl (I had missed Saturday league). I got there early to warm up with everyone else who was practicing and didn't really make any nice shots or anything so I was uneasy about sparing in an hour - it was rolloffs, basically like playoffs. So it was important for the team I was bowling on that I bowled well.

Well I did! First game (once again against my coach that I had beaten 2 weeks prior) I came out with a bang. 226. Take that Brian! I won that match. Then we switched opponents. 203, lost to Carla who was also sparing. She had a heck of a game, a 236. She always bowls better when I'm around, she loosens up. For me it depends. If we get too chatty I lose focus and then suck. But it was alright today. I ended up losing a bit of focus, but having Ted coaching on the lanes right next to us was kind of making me paranoid for some reason. So I missed a spare or two that I should have had. Next, we changed opponents again, and I was up against Chelsey's mom. I shot a 201, I was definitely losing focus, I was getting tired - it had been a long day (3hr bus ride from Calgary). She shot a 204. I had left an open, a freaking easy spare to make (hence I knew I was losing focus), so she was able to beat me.

But I averaged 210 which I'm not complaining about. And I think I helped the team take 3rd place. I'm really just glad that I was able to just go out and bowl, and bowl well! It helped that it was an easy shot though.. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment