Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saturday Practice

No more league :((
Just fun bowl next Saturday and banquet; food + prizes. So since there was no league, I headed out to practice.
It was Max, Brendan, Chelsey, Jeremy and I; all of us going to CNCs but unfortunately not Brendan. We actually had a really great practice. Usually I don't like to score when practicing, but it was ok. Our first 2 games we did strictly scoring. I can't quite remember my scores but I did better than the others.. The shot was ridiculous, I asked for hard and man did they give us hard. There was a ton of oil 5 and out and like right in front of the pins, it would just stop hooking... SO STRANGE. So naturally the score were pretty low, and I think I had the high the first game with a 180 something.. actually Brendan might have gotten my in the last frame with a 188. I can't remember the second game.

Then we went to a low scoring game. The goal is to take out only the 10 pin and then the 7 pin, working on spares. If you got a gutter on the 1st ball, that gives you a srike. If you had a gutter on the 2nd ball, that's a spare for the frame. And since you're trying to score low, that's bad. I was definitely the best at my 10 pin. Snipe shot 5 times about. I won with a low of 58, narrowly beating Brendan who had a 59. Chelsey and Jeremy were in the 70's I think, and Max had about 90 something.. lol. He had about 2 strikes in there.

Then we shot another game, and since we had been shooting all over the place, we were all able to find a good line. I was getting tired though and focus was slipping, so I didn't shoot that great of a game, a low 170 maybe? So I was done after that. Jeremy had left after the 3rd game, and everyone else shot a 5th game. I really should have pushed through maybe, but I think it was just the lack of sleep. Because 4 should be no problem. We'll be doing 6 a day for 3 days out in TO.. Gotta get the game numbers up, but that'll have to wait til after exams now. No more bowling til I'm done!!

Note: I've been using a brace now and it definitely helps me get a bit more on the ball, not a big jump, but maybe it could contribute to a few more pins here and there so I think I'll stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment