Sunday, February 26, 2012

That Dream Of Mine

What a horrible title THAT was for a post.
But anyway. I just wanted to touch base with how those goals of mine have gone this year.

#1 - I DID bowl most of the summer! I believe Once July hit me and the guys were going every week to Gateway. And it was a blast. I owned them all and averaged about 200 each week. And then sadly league started and I don't know where that went. But I'm back to that now :)

#2 - I ended up getting 2 balls from that lady I know but they were useless. They had been used to much, and re-drilled too many times. But I did get switch grip. Though honestly I'm starting to think maybe I should have put that towards a new ball instead, my one strike ball is about to hit the dust..

#3 - I haven't done all the tournaments, because, well, that's a shit ton of money to be throwing away like that. I did world cup this year though which was a neat experience. I wouldn't do it again unless I thought I could win though. That's $60 down the drain.

The season is not yet done and I'm unsure if I'll get to CNCs this year, but either way I should keep practicing. I don't know why I hadn't been going even just by myself. I kept waiting for practice to spring up, but more than anything I just needed to get a lot of games in. Chelsey seems to bowl 2-3 times a week (or at least 3 now in preparation for tournies (she does youth & adult league)) and it's seemed to pay off so far. She kicked a lot of butt this weekend, averaging 217.

So really, for now that's my only goal. Practice. But it is easier said than done. Chelsey is done school, I'm still trying to get into a program. She has a lot more time, and not to mention more money than me. And a wish would be to get a new ball. I didn't win any of the 5 on raffle at the tourny this weekend which blows, because I doubt I'll have enough to buy one myself. I've been trying to subtly hint ato my mom to buy me one but I don't think that'll ever fly. Which honestly really pisses me off. She doesn't support me in any way financially, and she used to pay for bowling all the time, is it really too much too ask to chip in a bit for a ball? That's probably a bit selfish of me, but still..

Look forward to a recap of this weekend's scholarship tournament, previous tournaments and tournaments to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment