Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Week of League

I had been looking forward to this day for awhile! To get back to bowling every week, to seeing everyone. To get working on my game with a coach again.

No coaches today, since it IS the first day back; and I'm glad, because it made me think & feel which is always better than always depending on a coach. I felt that despite my scores, it was a good day of bowling. 173, 184, 163 & 191 is alright, if I didn't have that 163 I would have been happier, because I would have been trending more upwards. But that game was obviously a transition game that I didn't handle too well. The last game I finally made the right move and it worked pretty good.

By then I had to move a crap ton left (feet and mark) because the lanes were drying up so much. So because of that, I needed more hand. Aka getting around the ball better/more and using a lot more fingers. And I did! I was actually pretty impressed with myself; especially for doing it quite consistently in the last game. I found it in the second game but struggled to keep it up, so it was nice to get it going near the end.

One thing about going into this season, I'm kind of worried for the future of our sport in Alberta. There's at least 7 of us graduating from the youth program, and after that there's really not much talent left. There's a few really good boys left, but really no girls.. it's really unfortunate. Just 4 or 5 years ago, Alberta had so many youth bowlers, and all of them really good and always taking a handful of medals at Nationals. After this year, chances might be slim, with the exception of a few boys..

No comments:

Post a Comment